What is Anti-Aging medicine?
Anti-Aging Medicine is the newest and fastest growing clinical medical specialty focusing on "optimum wellness and longevity" via very aggressive preventative health care far beyond cholesterol testing and mammograms. A profound paradigm shift in the way the medical establishment views aging and age-related disease is now underway. Doctors of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (4AM) believe that by utilizing advanced technologies available today, the average individual can increase the quantity and quality of the human lifespan by 20 - 30 or more youthful, healthy, productive years. Physicians practicing Anti-Aging Medicine seek to extend the human lifespan by limiting the period of illness and disability at the end of one's life, while extending the healthy and virile middle years.
Anti-Aging Medicine encompasses: lifestyle; hormone replacement therapies, (as determined by a physician through laboratory testing): antioxidants and vitamin supplements to reduce free radical damage; and clinical testing protocols which can measure not only hormone levels and blood chemistry, but can even analyze the critical metabolic factors that control life itself, right down to the cellular level.
Facts on Aging and Health
In 1996, the oldest baby boomers (those born between 1946 and 1964 totaling 77 million) turned 50. Every 7.7 seconds a baby boomer turns 50.
LIFE EXPECTANCY AND POPULATION STATISTICS
Top 3 leading causes of death in the U.S. (National Center for Health Statistics)
Influenza Heart Disease
There are approximately 70,000 centenarians in the U.S. today. That number is projected to increase to 160,000 by the year 2010. In 2050, the elderly population will number 80 million. (U.S. Census Bureau)
12 Rules for Longevity
1. Read and learn all you can about preventing the disorders of aging. Your life depends on it.
2. Find a physician who will be your partner in your personnel anti-aging program.
3. Optimize your antioxidant protection by eating 5-10 servings of fruits and vegetables per day - if not, supplements with a high quality, high potency multivitamin/antioxidant nutrient.
4. Early detection and prevention is the cornerstone to longevity. Most cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, and all heart disease are curable if caught at stage 1 (the earliest possible detection of the disease).
5. Look young, think young and be young. "As a man thinketh so shall ye be." True words - the mind-body connection is a powerful force in medicine, healing and longevity. Looking good will help you in feeling good.
6. Drink 8-10 glasses of distilled water daily (1/2 of adult Americans are dehydrated and don't know it).
7. Don't accept "You are just getting old" as an excuse for not feeling youthful and energetic. Fatigue, depression, slowed thought truncal obesity, weakness, aches and pains are all treatable and reversible signs of aging that should alert you to a need for anti-aging intervention.
8. If you are over the age of 45, have your hormone levels checked by a physician at least once a year.
9. For maximum longevity, follow the Mediterranean diet and limit fat to 30% or less.
10. Exercise at least 15 minutes daily to maintain the minimum yet significant longevity benefit to overall health.
11. Drive a large vehicle and always wear seat belts. Odds are 200% better of surviving a crash than a subcompact.
12. Maintain and refuse to accept diminished sexual function - ability is an absolute indication of health and longevity.
Anti-Aging Health Care
I came to see Dr. Carlomagno after going through the traditional medical gamet aka (Kaiser foundation). I was given lots of meds, had surgery for a inguinal hernia and I was becoming more discouraged with loss motion in the joints of my body. I was also diagnosed with adult onset diabetes and had heart arrhythmias, taccacardia to boot.
With his specialized neutraceutical program my diabetes has now stabilized and my heart arrhythmias have diminished considerably. With the adjustments I have received my freedom of movement is returning and my walks are becoming longer and more brisk! Thank you for bringing my life back Dr. Carlomagno!
D.D. retired attorney